Sunday, November 11, 2007

61 Pancakes


In many ways, having lots of kids is just easier. Everyone always has a playmate. If they get tired of the one they are playing with, they just move on to someone else. If you need a favor or a chore accomplished, someone in a good mood is probably available.

It's the meals that will get you. Feeding a family of 10 has very little down time. You finish one meal, you really need to be starting (or at least planning) the next one. This morning, I fixed 61 pancakes (thank you, Uncle Chris, for my awesome electric griddle - not a burned pancake in the bunch!). It was 11:15 before the mess was cleaned up. And it was 12:00 when I started making lunch.

1 comment:

gomomyourock said...

That's a lot of pancakes!

Hey, anytime you need a favor, or a chore done, call and I'll send my kids over!