Thursday, January 22, 2009

Great book

I'm feeling badly that I haven't posted in a while, but we haven't been up to too much around here. I'll have more by Monday after Bailey and I return from North Carolina for our Revolve Tour weekend

I have been reading, though, and I cannot tell you how much I love David Sedaris. Everyone in this family has given me scared looks as I laugh and wipe the tears from my eyes while reading something he has written. I just finished Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim, and while I was laughing hysterically one morning, Cal said he wanted to know where I was going to keep the book so he could take it out the next time I was mad at him.

I'm putting off reading the only one I have left because I don't want it to end.  I like them all, but I would recommend starting with Naked (the one I read first).  As I vaguely recall, the imaginary sequence at the very beginning is a little odd, but don't let that put you off. Me Talk Pretty One Day would be another good one to try first.

No comments: