Wednesday, August 29, 2007

No More Excuses

Yep, time is up for me. I've decided that publicly beginning my diet here in this blog can only humiliate me into trying harder. I've been slowly putting on weight each year. Currently, I weigh more than I ever have with the exception of being pregnant or having just had a baby. This is my lovely "before" shot that Mark took tonight. (Because I do still retain an ounce of pride, I opted to reject the many other fat photos that Mark took, along with his original post containing the lyrics to the country classic, One Hot Mama.)

Today, I went to Weight Watchers
®. They suggest I set my first goal to lose 10% of my weight. If I reach that, I will set a new goal. Tomorrow will be the first day toward losing 14lbs!

2 comments:

gomomyourock said...

You can do it. You are me this time last year...not that I posted my before picture on my blog - you will notice there are not many pics at all on my blog of me - but then I do tend to make funny faces in addition to having ample body!

Congrats for taking this first step! You've inspired me to get back on the WW wagon!

Sue said...

Good luck Tara....you can do it!
Love ya! Sue and Ma (carol)