Sunday, August 26, 2007

Youth Triathlon


After deliberating much too long, We've decided to jump into the world of blogging. Mark and I will both use this space to share thoughts and pictures from our family life.

I begin each day checking in here and here, and these spectacular daily logs have inspired me. If I find that I can keep up, I may even attempt the Project 365 challenge!

Today seemed like as good a day as any - 3 out of 4 kids participated in a youth triathlon. At 8am, Bailey and Sydney swam 100 meters, biked 2 miles and ran 1/2 a mile. Because Calvin is now in the 11-and-up bracket, he did twice that! They all finished smoothly with no injuries, and Bailey even placed first among the six 10-year-old girls who competed. I'd like to say that AJ cheered them all on, but I'm not even sure where she was the whole time. I suspect she was near the food table.

1 comment:

gomomyourock said...

I am so excited! Where to start?

First, yay! Great news on the triathlon! Super effort! and they look like they waltzed through!

Second, yay! on the blog front too!

I'm with AJ! Cheering and eating, that's the way to do it!

Consider yourselves bookmarked!