Sunday, February 17, 2008

The best-laid plans...


On any given Wednesday morning, you can find me at home hosting Bible Study with about 9 other women. We chat, watch a Beth Moore video, discuss our homework, and pray together.

This past Wednesday, however, it was not to be. Icy weather caused a two-hour delay for schools and got everything all screwed up for us moms (but, oh it was nice sleeping in!). I decided to go ahead and watch our video by myself because I'll be on a field trip next Wednesday and won't be able to watch it with the group.

When the doorbell rang, I couldn't be more surprised to see that large rectangular box that means flowers. Valentine's Day had come a day early! A dozen roses and a small (perfect!) box of chocolates were enclosed. And then it dawned on me. My clever husband had timed it perfectly to arrive smack in the middle of bible study. Too bad about that ice.

No comments: