Sunday, May 25, 2008

DI Global Finals in Knoxville





Bailey and I went to Knoxville for the Destination Imagination Global Finals. I was really surprised by the size of this event. We were there Wednesday-Sunday, and we stayed in the dorms at the University of Tennessee. Over 18,000 people took part, including teams from 12 foreign countries. Our team performed well and finished in the middle of the pack (there were 78 teams in the elementary "Hit or Myth" category). These photos show the team after their Instant Challenge event, Bailey in our dorm room, the team at the "downtown mall" area where we had lunch after their Team Challenge on the last day, and a view of the basketball arena during the closing ceremonies.  I regret that I didn't get a good shot of the pin trading that was constantly happening.  The kids were really into it - I'd guess it was their favorite part.  We all had a great time, and I hope we get to go back next year!

No comments: